Job Title: Case Manager
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
BTEC ND Science (Health Studies) NVQ Level 3
RCOT, BABICM, HCPC, DBS checked, ICO registered
Elinor has 17 years of experience working at a senior level across health, social services and the private sector. Her clinical experience includes medical, surgical, mental health, acute stroke rehabilitation/neuro surgery/neurology and community neurological rehabilitation, including acquired and traumatic brain and catastrophic injuries.
Elinor is an independent clinical occupational therapist within the medico-legal arena, specialising in community neurological rehabilitation working with clients with traumatic and life changing brain injury, closely cooperating with case managers, statutory, third sector agencies and support teams. She is highly experienced in effective hospital discharge planning/design, and delivery of individually tailored rehabilitation programmes and community care packages. She advises on equipment and minor adaptations to maximise independence and manages, supervises and trains rehab technicians/support staff.
Elinor works collaboratively, empathetically and holistically with her clients and is a keen advocate for client empowerment utilising the ‘Empowerment behavioural management approach’ where appropriate to facilitate engagement in rehabilitation and positive behaviour change. Highly accomplished in conducting assessments, Elinor uses a solution-focused approach to identify barriers to independence and help clients develop skills and coping strategies. Elinor is adept in identifying community resources and services to help clients achieve their goals and prides herself on timely and appropriate communication.
- Wide knowledge of relevant legislation including the mental capacity act.
- Specialist in community neurological rehab/working with traumatic brain injury.
- Detailed risk assessment and implementation of risk management strategies.
- Expert at design/delivery of individually tailored rehabilitation and care packages.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure whilst managing a complex caseload.
- Exceptional goal planning skills – uses smart goal setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication/MDT and multi-agency liaison skills.