Job Title: Operations Manager / Registered Manager
Joanna Ali (Registered Nurse (LD), NMC Registered, Care Council for Wales Registered)
Joanna is Stokes Case Management’s Operations Manager and a Registered Manager, working to support Case Management clients’ support needs and assisting them to recruit and employ their own staff teams. She is also currently a key player in developing the company’s in-house support agency.
Joanna has over 26 years’ experience of directly supporting and managing support services for people with varying abilities and disabilities. She has been a registered nurse (LD) for over 23 years, maintaining her registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Joanna was previously a member of the Senior Management Team within a Charitable support provider, as well as being the Registered Manager (with CSSIW) and Head of Domiciliary Services. She has also gained NVQ Levels 4 & 5 in Management (in a care agency setting). Her role as a senior manager involved operational and business planning alongside development and budget management. Joanna has many years’ experience of writing, reviewing and implementing operational policy and procedure in line with local and national legislation and has worked closely with other Senior Managers to create financial and human resource policies. As a registered manager, Joanna has previously created and implemented Quality Assurance monitoring systems which she has used to identify areas for improvement to service provision.
Over many years Joanna has provided direct supervision & support as well as training and guidance to staff, thereby ensuring a qualitative, valued workforce.
She has a wealth of experience in working closely with multidisciplinary Health and Social Care professionals, and is committed to ensuring the client is at the forefront of all support planning and review, guaranteeing accessible communication at all times.
Joanna has successfully completed the Level 3 Cert. in Learning (7302) and has played a key role in the training and development of staff. Joanna has also successfully completed the BTEC Advanced Professional Diploma in Positive Behavioural Support.
- Strategic/Operational Management
- Operational and business planning
- Person focused service delivery
- Staff supervision, management and development
- Disability awareness
- Extensive experience of work across a wide range of health and social care service areas.
- Innate ability to form strong relationships with service users and their families and to professionally advocate on their behalf
- Considerable experience of multidisciplinary working across a range of health and social care disciplines.
- Assessment skills including knowledge of continuing health/social care eligibility, mental capacity and best interests
- Extensive knowledge of risk assessment and risk management
- Resource and financial budgeting and management
- Empathetic and approachable
- Registered Nurse (LD)
- L2 Management of Mental Health
- City & Guilds L3 Learning Cert (PTLLS)
- NVQ L4 & NVQ L5 Management (within a care agency)
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Positive Behavioural Support
- NMC Registered
- Care Council for Wales Registered