Job Title: OT & Case Manager
Melanie Jones (Member of BAOT, BABICM, COTSSIP)
Melanie is an Independent Occupational Therapist and Case Manager who has been providing Occupational Therapy services to Social Services across a large part of her local region since qualifying in 2006.
Melanie specialises in assessing and providing intervention for community-based clients with long-term, complex disabilities. She is particularly adept at assessing their immediate and long term needs, making appropriate provision with a view to promoting independence and wellbeing. She specialises in sourcing and providing equipment, and recommending adaptations to the home. Melanie also assesses and advises on matters such as appropriate seating, postural management and safe manual handling for clients and their carers, care packages and therapeutic interventions.
Melanie is very skilled at making recommendations regarding major essential adaptations and designing and specifying specialist adaptations/equipment required for safety and independence. She also has specialist knowledge of building regulations which must be considered in the designing of facilities for disabled individuals.
Melanie provides her services to a diverse range of people with various injuries and conditions, including Brain Injury, Stroke, Cerebral Palsy, Spinal Injury, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Mutliple Sclerosis, Parkinsons disease and rare conditions, such as Stiff Persons Syndrome, Supra Nuclear Palsy, Cerebellar Ataxia, MND and various other congenital conditions.
Melanie has excellent interpersonal communications skills. In her day to day capacity she is required to work closely with and liaise with community staff from Health and Social Services, Social Workers, Home Care agencies, Physiotherapists, District Nurses, Hospital Occupational Therapists, Housing Associations and Housing Departments of local authorities as well as legal representatives.
With an extremely in-depth understanding within the field of complex disabilities, Melanie is fully equipped with the skills to ensure that her clients are provided with the very best opportunities for increased independence, function and safety within their community.
Melanie is a Welsh speaker.
- Excellent assessment and planning skills for immediate, interim and long term needs.
- Expert knowledge with regards to equipment available for managing normal activities of daily living.
- Highly proficient at manual handling risk assessment, care planning and implementation of risk management strategies to improve all round safety for Clients and carers.
- Expert knowledge of manual handling equipment, including slings, hoists and other specialist equipment, along with the implementation of safe and efficient training in their use and advice on manual handling techniques.
- Specialist in major adaptations design for dwellings and provision for disabled facilities in new builds and communal buildings.
- Dependable, empathetic and holistic in her approach.