Job Title: OT & Case Manager
Sara Thelwell DipCOT MSc
RCOT, BABICM, DBS checked, ICO registered
Sara is a highly motivated and enthusiastic occupational therapist and case manager with more than 20 years of experience as a clinician and manager in the health and social care sectors.
Sara specialises in assessing and providing intervention for clients with complex disabilities. She is adept at assessing immediate and long-term needs whilst promoting independence and wellbeing. She delivers highly effective care packages and therapeutic interventions. She employs an outcome-centred, holistic approach to ascertain existing internal/external resources, then identifies further support to help clients achieve their goals/ambitions. Sara empowers her clients to make the most of their lives, co-productively building resilience to help them achieve occupations which are important to them. She is skilled in providing advice and in designing and specifying specialist adaptations and equipment for safety and independence. She has specialist knowledge of the building regulations which must be considered in designing facilities for disabled individuals.
With an extremely in-depth understanding within the field of complex disabilities, Sara is fully equipped with the skills to ensure that her clients are provided with the very best opportunities for increased independence, function and safety within their community.
Sara is currently learning to speak Welsh.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent assessment and planning skills.
- Expert knowledge of equipment for managing normal activities of daily living.
- Expert at risk assessment/implementation of risk management strategies.
- Expert in manual handling equipment and techniques.
- Specialist in major adaptations design for dwellings and provision for disabled facilities in new builds and communal buildings.
- Specialist in the use of technology to support independence.
- Highly effective in the development of rehabilitation programmes.