Job Title: Case Manager
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
Member of RCOT, SSNP, HCPC and BABICM
Caroline is a highly motivated and enthusiastic occupational therapist and case manager with more than 20 years of experience working in the health and social care sector. She is highly experienced in working with clients with complex discharge planning needs and has become highly proficient in producing carefully constructed care packages for her clients.
Caroline’s areas of expertise include stroke rehabilitation, acute stroke, posture and seating with adults and children in the wheelchair service, rheumatology, neurology day unit, oncology, medical rehabilitation, orthopaedics and acute medical.
Over the last 15 years Caroline has been working extensively in the field of neurology with a range of clients, in hospital, within their own homes and in community settings. She has amassed a wide range of skills through carrying out occupational therapy intervention in this area, specifically neurology specific assessments, treatment programs and evaluation. Prior to becoming an occupational therapist Caroline worked as a support worker with clients with TBI, ABI, MS and other neurological conditions.
Caroline has exceptional communication skills, which are used to great effect, quickly developing trust and respect with her clients, their families and carers. In addition, when liaising with multidisciplinary teams and referring to other services, Caroline uses these skills to facilitate a seamless service for her clients.
Caroline employs an effective, client centred, holistic approach, which she combines with her experience in goal planning to ensure the very best possible outcomes for her clients.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - enthusiastic and motivational
- Dynamic, client centred, holistic approach
- Highly effective in the development of rehabilitation programmes through effective communication with clients and their support staff
- Specialised in assessment and treatment in the field of neurology
- Experienced in evidence based OT and neurology practises (such as mirror therapy)
- Exceptional goal planning skills - particularly skilled at conducting meetings with clients and multidisciplinary teams