Job Title: Case Manager
Catherine is a qualified Independent Social Worker with 19 years’ experience as a social worker in a local authority setting.
During her career she has developed a wide range of knowledge and experience in the areas of children and families, particularly fostering and adoption, care and protection, children in need, looked after children and transitional care (supporting young care leavers into independent living).
Catherine’s work with adults encompasses physical and learning disability, brain injury, dementia and palliative care. Until November 2014 Catherine worked at University Hospital Llandough within the Integrated Hospital Discharge Service. This involved joint working with a range of health professionals on complex assessments, care planning, service delivery and review. Catherine broadened her knowledge as a result of working within a multidisciplinary team. Her attachments to specialist wards included orthopaedics, stroke rehabilitation, respiratory care, colorectal surgery, older persons and dementia care.
Catherine is currently practising as an Independent Social Worker with a particular interest in case management and medico-legal work. She is also a volunteer worker at the Silver Lining charity which supports individuals following brain injury.
- Extensive experiences of work across a wide range of health and social care service areas with adults and children.
- Considerable experience of multidisciplinary working and a strong network of professional contacts across a range of health and social care disciplines.
- Proven ability to form strong relationships with service users and their families and to advocate on their behalf.
- Excellent assessment skills including extensive knowledge of continuing health care eligibility, mental capacity and best interests.
- Extensive knowledge of risk assessment and risk management. Proven ability to critically analyse information, work under pressure to set deadlines.
- Considerable experience of establishing and maintaining complex multi-agency rehabilitation programmes and support packages.
- Experience of effective staff management including professional supervision, resource and financial management.
- Care Council for Wales registered DBS checked Member of BABICM Member of CMSUK
- Member of BASW