Job Title: Case Manager
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
HCPC registered and member of BABICM and BAOT
DBS checked, ICO registered
Pam is an experienced and motivated occupational therapist, occupational therapy expert, care expert, and case manager. She has almost two decades of clinical experience working in health and social care, and the private sector. She is particularly efficient and effective in costing for and monitoring care packages, and specialises in manual handling and assessing for equipment, and for major and minor adaptations.
Pam has a wide range of skills and experience working with adult clients, their families, and their carers. She has a wealth of experience across a range of specialist areas, including complex disabilities, spinal injury, head injury, burns and plastics, orthopaedics (including multiple amputees and upper limb injuries), and neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, dementia, and Korsakoff’s syndrome. Pam has also amassed a wealth of knowledge regarding the psychological impact that illness and injury can have on everyday life, and the associated barriers and obstacles which can occur in terms of motivation and function.
Pam uses a solution-focused, collaborative approach when working with her clients, ensuring that their goals and ambitions are the focus of her interventions. Pam assists her clients to maximise and maintain their functional ability whilst developing the necessary support networks and coping strategies to enable them to cultivate resilience. Pam takes great pride in providing an excellent quality of service to her clients and their families.
- Employs a holistic and empathetic, client-centred approach.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills and organisational skills.
- Experienced in establishing (and working within) multidisciplinary environments.
- Extensive knowledge of manual handling techniques and associated equipment.
- Specialised in home adaptations and provision for disabled facilities.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Mental Health and Mental Capacity acts.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.