Job Title: Case Manager &
Case Manager Assistant
Julie Halligan BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
MSc (Distinction) Health Care Professional education
Since qualifying as a Physiotherapist in 1985 Julie has amassed considerable clinical experience. She has worked largely within a multidisciplinary team environment in the National Health Service. She has also diversified by working within the private sector. At the height of her clinical career Julie reached senior clinician and managerial level, working with clients with Brain Injury, other neurological conditions and learning disabilities.
Julie completed a Masters degree in Health Care Professional education at Exeter University and in turn began working in the education sector. She took a position at Oxford Brookes University, where she worked in a team, developing and delivering (as Senior lecturer) a Physiotherapy degree. Julie was responsible for instructing the neurological aspects of the course, as well as professional skills development and clinical education.
Julie’s clinical experience covers a range of conditions, including brain injury, other neurological conditions, learning disabilities, paediatrics, orthopaedics and care of the elderly.
Julie has excellent interpersonal and communicative skills and displays a professional, reassuring and empathetic approach to her clients, their families and friends. Julie’s previous clinical experience has provided her with exceptional skills for overseeing her clients’ care. And her associated involvement in the education sector has equipped her with a highly effective and inherent ability to educate and supervise rehabilitation technicians and support staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly effective problem-solving and assessment skills.
- Excellent training and mentoring skills.
- Experienced in the treatment of neurological disabilities in adults and children.
- Experienced in working with adults with learning disabilities.
- Experienced in working within the acute, rehabilitation and community sectors.
- Experience of recruiting clinical staff to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- DBS checked.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists.