Job Title: Clinical Director
Rhiannon combined her entrepreneurial skills with her passion for case management when she created Stokes Case Management. It’s essential for Rhiannon that we work, train and harmonise as a family of case managers and that we share the same passion for our work, ensuring clients receive a consistently high standard of support across the UK.
Our 'Passionate Entrepreneur'
Rhiannon had the fortune of working with one of the UK’s leading case management providers for five years, where she developed specialist skills and extensive experience within the profession. It’s now her ambition to help change the shape of the case management sector and deliver the unexpected for clients. Through Stokes Case Management, Rhiannon wants to show that careful collaboration across the healthcare, legal and affiliated industries can help provide an effective, high quality and positive journey for the client.
She is a qualified occupational therapist with nearly 20 years experience within the health and social care sector. In 2009 Rhiannon established Cymru OT Services Ltd which has a team of OT associates who provide Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions to companies, individuals and charities throughout Wales.
Through her career as an occupational therapist within the statutory, private and independent sectors, Rhiannon has worked within the clinical fields of complex trauma and orthopaedics, forensic mental health, learning disabilities, brain injuries and older adults. Within the NHS she worked to a management level and has also established and developed new occupational therapy services.
Rhiannon has also worked as an Expert Witness during the last 6 years and brings to the company a wealth of experience of dealing with legal professionals and the litigation system.
As the clinical director of our company, Rhiannon continues to hold a clinical caseload of clients with severe and complex disabilities including spinal and brain injuries.
This means she has intimate understanding of client’s needs and where her team and services need to innovate
Rhiannon is very passionate about there being a variety of services available for people with disabilities. She sat on the steering group for Merthyr Headway whilst it was being established and has been a volunteer within the branch. In 2014 she became a coordinator for The Silver Lining Charity and has brought this exciting and dynamic support to Wales.
Rhiannon enjoys teaching and educating others about the role of Occupational Therapy and Case Management and is currently a guest lecturer at the Health Science School at Cardiff University and also presents at various conferences around Wales and the UK.
- Extensive experience in management of adults with ABI, CP and Spinal Injuries and of working clinically in the field of community rehabilitation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Mental Health / Mental Capacity Act.
- Extensive knowledge of risk assessment and risk management.
- Experience of implementing community based rehabilitation programs, and organizing support packages linking in with local services where possible.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients of all ages and from all walks of life with creativity, empathy and humor.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Routinely uses a goal orientated approach to intervention.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently or as part of inter-disciplinary team.
- HCPC registered
- DBS checked
- Member of BABICM
- Member of CMSUK
- Member of BAOT
Rhiannon is also the Welsh representative for the College of Occupational Therapy Specialist independent practice.